Monday, June 28, 2010

It's official!

Today officially begins our journey! We had an amazing time yesterday and the worst part of the day was saying goodbye to our parents...my Mom cried, which broke my heart. I will miss her and Ted, as well as Dawn and Hesketh, James' parents. Charles and Dawn provided an awesome dinner of pork chops (my personal favorite), rice, watermelon and James' parents brought potatoes and coleslaw (Dawn makes wonderful coleslaw)!

We got a lot done on the RV; found the leak and fixed it. Cleaned our fresh water tank and I cleaned the inside the RV...we are ready to roll! Peanut is adapting to the RV and I believe he is even liking it, though he won't admit it.

We will head out around 10:00am with our first stop being Lake Griffin State Park, just outside Mount Dora, Florida. We will be there for three nights! We are both looking forward to setting out the chairs under the awning, relaxing, maybe do some hiking and just being in one place for more than one night! Yeah!!

Thank you everyone for your continued prayers and best wishes! We love you all and look forward to sharing with you the amazing stuff we see along the way! God Bless!

2 comments:

  1. God Bless you both and may He keep you safe in your travels. I will keep my skype on so that we can talk to each other. Give Peanut a big hug from grandma. Love you both. Now go out and discover this big wonderful world we live in :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an awesome blogger ! But then again, you do everything great ! I love you and please stay safe out there...I am praying for God to protect and keep you all.

    ReplyDelete