Friday, July 2, 2010

Amazing Day!

Wow! I didn't realize Florida had so many wonderful and beautiful places! The rain finally stopped around 10:00 this morning so we hiked a bit in the Park, which was really amazing! The sink holes and waterfall were beautiful.

Then my brilliant husband got the idea to drive to Florida Caverns State Park about 25 miles up the road and I am so glad we did!!! I promise to load photos soon, but they don't even come close to how spectacular these under ground caves are! Truly awe-inspiring. What a great adventure!

Our next stop was at the Piggly Wiggly...yes, you heard me right, the Piggly Wiggly to pick up some food for dinner and snacks. Well, I tell ya...I don't think I have ever been in a grocery store that didn't sell fresh herbs, specifically Cilantro and when we asked if they had any, they didn't even know what it was! James dropped me off at the RV and then ran back into town to the Farmer's Market to get some there, but again, no one had any, let alone even know what it was. So, I guess my Guacamole will have to wait until New Orleans! At least we made some pork chops, corn on the cob and baked potatoes on the fire pit...can you say Yummishous?

I'm writing tonight because we will be leaving early to head to the Big Easy! Oh, and I will be posting photos of Peanut having A GREAT TIME running around the park! He is truly loving the life right now! As are we!! Love you all!

1 comment:

  1. OMGosh Jenn....thank you for sharing all of your adventures. As I sit here in Funcie, IN I close my eyes and can just imagine all the wonderful places you are experiencing. It brightens each day to keep up with your blogs! Love to you all my friend and continued safe travels! xoxo

    ReplyDelete